Arctic Ultraflex Blue®
Extreme Power Cord
3 Conductors: Black, White, and Red
ARCTIC ULTRAFLEX BLUE® 2-3 SEOOW 600V 105°C (-70°C) WATER-RESISTANT P-241-3-MSHA
Bring it on! Arctic Ultraflex Blue® excels even in the extreme cold of Antarctica
Arctic Ultraflex Blue® Extreme Power Cord was originally developed for use in the University of Wisconsin-Madison IceCube Project in Antarctica, and has been tested and used successfully for over a decade by Raytheon, Great Beyond, VECO Polar Resources, and many other companies operating in Antarctica as well. Extreme Power Cord is ideally suited for temperatures as low as -70°C. The tough, flexible jacket and finely stranded 100% copper conductors give Extreme Power Cord superior durability and workability in even the harshest conditions.
Arctic Ultraflex Blue® Extreme Power Cord has excellent abrasion and cut resistance, and withstands exposure to ozone, sunlight, and water. It is lightweight, long-lasting, and easy to handle.
Arctic Ultraflex Blue® Extreme Power Cord features color coded conductors for easy identification, and water- and mold-resistant non-wicking polypropylene fillers. Our wire is environmentally friendly as well; all components are recyclable and non-hazardous for safe landfill disposal.
- Flexible, tough Arctic Ultraflex Blue® jacket
- Performs in temperature extremes of -70°C to 105°C
- Color coded conductors for easy identification
- Excellent abrasion and cut resistance
- Ozone, sunlight, and water resistant with high dielectric insulation
- Water and mold resistant non-wicking polypropylene fillers
- All components are recyclable and non-hazardous for environmental landfill disposal
- Made in the USA
- Uses requiring flexibility and mechanical toughness, high environmental resistance and flame retardance
- Suitable and approved for temporary submersion in water
- On and offshore drilling
- Construction, industry, research
- Mining and outdoor applications
- Dockside power applications
- Industrial control and robotic systems and equipment
- Motor control, lighting, push button remote controls
- Machine and power tools
- Portable power, mobile power
- Extreme power cording
- Federal and Military use under Federal Spec. JC-580B
- Manufactured to UL SEOOW 600V and CSA Certified STOOW (TPE) standards
- MSHA approval for flame resistance and mining applications
- Three 2 AWG conductors
- Conductor colors: black, white, red
- Class K stranded bare copper (7x7/.0223)
- Light blue outer jacket
- 1.158" Nominal outside diameter
- 95 Amps*
-70°C to 105°C
*Ampacity based on NEC Table 400-5 (B) for sizes 8/2 through 2/5. Ampacity is provided for engineering information only. Polar Wire Products, Inc. cannot recommend or express the use of this ampacity figure since the exact application may need approval from the authority having local jurisdiction. This information is subject to engineering changes. Cold temperature rating is -70°C.
Note: Sizes 8/2 up to 2/5 are non-UL constructions made with wall thicknesses in accordance with industry standards and MSHA Approved.